The National Pension System (NPS) is a long-term investment tool with tax benefits available to subscribers only in the old tax regime. Despite this, it remains an attractive instrument due to market exposure and a long-term investment structure. Although NPS statements are sent annually to subscribers, one can check the statement anytime to monitor investment growth or make changes to it, such as for switching fund managers, among others. Here’s how you can check and download your NPS statement through three easy methods.
Central Recordkeeping Agency (CRA): There are three CRAs (Protean, CAMS, and KFin) appointed by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) for NPS. Subscribers can check their NPS statement on the website of any of these CRAs. The CRAs usually send the NPS statement to the subscribers periodically, or every time they invest in it. Subscribers can check it whenever required.
Also Read: How Does The NPS Prosperity Planner Work, And What You Can Do With It?
The process to check the statement is:
- Visit the respective CRA’s website where the NPS account is maintained.
- Log in with the Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) ID and password. (Different CRAs may ask for some additional information. For instance, KFin requires PRAN, date of birth, and OTP. Fill in the required details to log in.)
- Navigate the respective CRA’s web portal to view and download the statement.
DigiLocker: DigiLocker is another way to view and download the NPS statement at any time. The cloud-based digital platform provides access to different government documents directly sourced from the original data source, and thus they are authentic and can be shown anywhere as proof. One needs to sign in to one’s DigiLocker to view the NPS statement.
Here is the process.
- Log in to the DigiLocker website or mobile app.
- Search for PFRDA in the search bar and select the CRA with which the NPS account is maintained.
- Provide PRAN number, date of birth, and consent to fetch the NPS account statement.
- View the statement or download it for future reference
Consolidated Account Statement (CAS): PFRDA has made it easy for subscribers to access their NPS investment details by including the NPS statement details in the consolidated account statement (CAS), provided by the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) and Central Depository Services Ltd (CDSL) under the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) regulation.
Here is the step-wise process for the same.
- To get the NPS statement integrated into CAS, visit the respective CRA website.
- Log in with PRAN, password, and OTP received on the mobile number.
- Navigate to the option to include the NPS statement in CAS.
- Fill in PRAN, date of birth, and other required details, give consent, and submit the request.
- Once done, the NPS account will be included in the CAS and will appear from the following month.
There is a charge of 10 paise for the integrated NPS statement via email or Re 1 for a physical copy.
The consolidated statement provides details of the demat account securities, mutual funds, and NPS account of the investor, making it convenient to track and manage investments in one place.
So, choose the method that suits you best and effectively manage your investments.